Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fabulous Flapper!




The 1920's brought about a huge change in fashion! Short bobbed hairdo's, higher hemlines and certainly more showing of skin! I love the intricate beadwork in style back then with all of the Art Deco designs and glitz. I found this intriguing image of a sexy Ziegfeld Girl (and many others) at a place I love to browse for lovely vintage photos...My Vintage Vogue.












I was amazed when I ran across this beyond beautiful beaded gown. Looking like it came right off of the Ziegfeld stage is this insanely detailed piece purchased by the seller, Kiss or Fix, from two eccentric sisters from Beverly Hills. What stories could this dress tell? Outrageous!

Be shocking today!


--Lee Ann

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the 20s! So happening! I also love the 40s and 50s styles, adore retro! So happy you stopped by Little Blue Deer so I could find you, so happy to be your newest follower!

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there, what a fabulous post this flapper dress is divine, it has to be one of my favourite periods, so glam! Have a great week. Sharon xx