Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

LOVE THE LOOK!

DO YOU WEAR HATS?

I actually wore my favorite straw one with a black grosgrain ribbon tied into a bow at the back of the crown as I was trimming my rosemary and lamb's ears on the patio this morning.
It made me want to put on a pretty dress and shoes and do something special like these two lady-like friends.  Want to join me?  Here's what I'm wearing...


Now, I beg of you...have you seen anything more delicious than this hat for an afternoon wedding, a ladies luncheon, or just because you want to be fabulous?  This 1950's Tuscan straw hat has the most flattering swooped brim with a spray of blooms for drama and a tiny surprise detail inside the crown...but you must visit the store to see this charming detail...at Alex Sandra's.



Here's a lovely little 1960's Summer dress and a perfect one for a straw hat!  This soft shade of green is the background for white blossoms in full bloom, and the ruffles are great to frame your neckline and cascade down the snap front closure for a slimming effect.  From Lizs Vintage Soffitta.

Lovely vintage Judith Leiber sling backs with pointy feminine toes...just like the two ladies in our inspiration image above.  Olive green with pink inner and outer soles with the JL buckle would be versatile with many looks and colors already in your closet. Available through Emmas Vintage. Such a nice finish to our ensemble, non?

Why Not Wear a Hat Today?

--Lee Ann

1 comment:

emmasvintage said...

Those models look fabulous.
Love the look so ladylike
and feminine.

Emma
www.emmasvintage.etsy.com